DeLoG Annual Meeting 2021 07.09.2021
- Location: Microsoft Teams
- Date: 13/09/2021
- Time: 14:30 - 16:00
The Development Partners Network on Decentralisation & Local Governance (DeLoG) will open this year’s Annual Meeting on Inclusive and Resilient Decentralisation and Local Governance Reforms and Institutions with a High-Level Policy Dialogue open to the public.
Over the last few years, and especially since the outbreak of COVID-19, the environment and the global agendas on DLG have changed and adapted. DLG approaches are under pressure from social, economic, ecological and political challenges. The provision of equal and secure access to public services is a core responsibility of Local and Regional Governments (LRGs). Clearly defined functions and mandates as well as access to finance are necessary prerequisites to enable LRGs to fully meet their responsibilities.
This High-Level Opening event sets the scene for this year’s DeLoG Annual Meeting by providing room for policy dialogue among members and partners to exchange on their strategic shifts and priorities. The key question to be addressed will be how the support for inclusive and resilient DLG institutions is evolving in the face of current global challenges and what role partnerships and networks like DeLoG may play in future.
The opening event will be hosted by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) and the German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ).
AGENDA - 13th of September, 2:30 pm - 4 pm CEST
02.30 pm CEST Welcome & Opening
02.40 pm CEST Donor Perspective
- Dr. Thomas Gass, Ambassador, Assistant Director General, Head South Cooperation Department, SDC, Co-Chair Global Partnership for Effective Development Cooperation
- Dr. Ingolf Dietrich, Director, 2030 Agenda; poverty; democracy; rule of law; equality; human rights; education; Commissioner for sustainable development, BMZ
- Alex Gerbrandy, Thematic lead Rule of Law, Inclusive Governance and Peacebuilding, MFA Netherlands
03.05 pm CEST Municipal Perspective
- Emilia Saíz, Secretary General, United Cities and Local Governments
- Tatiana Badan, Mayor of Selemet, Moldova, President of the Network of Associations of Local Authorities of South-East Europe
- Hemanthi Goonasekera, Chief Executive Officer, Federation of Sri Lanka Local Government Authorities
03.35 pm CEST Dialogue on the Future of DeLoG
03.50 pm CET Policy Implications & Concluding Remarks
- Peter Knip, Director of the International Cooperation Agency of the Association of Netherlands Municipalities & Chair of the Capacity and Institution Building (CIB) Working Group