Call for proposals for local initiatives on local government borrowing
In 2010 NALAS engaged experts and resources to conduct a study on local government borrowing. The study, led by the Association of Communes of Romania resulted with “Guidelines of Local Government Borrowing” – a publication that is available in English language and is being translated into the languages spoken in the region.
In order to support local government associations members of NALAS in initiating amendments and adoption of laws or by-laws for municipal borrowing, as well as to encourage new initiatives for local borrowing coming from the local governments in South Eastern Europe, the Association of Communes of Romania invites interested associations to apply for funding of local initiatives.
Associations are invited to apply for funding with one local initiative that fulfills the following criteria:
- Contribute as much as possible to the specific objectives (outreach and results) given in the project documentation;
- Have clearly defined target groups, indicators, activities and expected results;
- Include a knowledge documenting component, sharing information about the process, the results, lessons learnt, frequently asked questions, case studies (written, as video clip etc, whatever is relevant for your initiative and interesting for other NALAS members and the broader community);
- Include a monitoring and evaluation component to find out about the results;
- Provide a detailed budget.
Maximum funds available per country: 4.000 Euros.
Interested associations should complete the application form (Annex 2), the action plan (Annex 3) and the budget form (Annex 4).
Applications are accepted until 4 February 2011. Implementation should take place from 15 February 15 and should complete by 31 May 2011. Final reports are to be submitted by 10 June 2011.